Leeds City Schools
The Leeds City School system, home of the Green Wave, is second to none and puts a high priority in developing students to be the best they can be. Our school district was awarded District Accreditation in June 2015 by Advanced Ed, an international accrediting agency of 31,000 schools. This is a designation that we are very proud to proclaim.
Leeds City Schools include four public schools: Leeds Primary School, Leeds Elementary School, Leeds Middle School and Leeds High School with over 1900 students.
Promoting Achievement, Respect and Success
The Mission of Leeds City Schools is to develop confident, productive young people and enable them to become independent and successful learners in a global society. We will accomplish this through a dedicated professional staff committed to continued learning. A relevant curriculum will be taught based on thinking and reasoning skills. This will take place in a positive environment recognizing the individual differences in children.
Leeds City Schools are very proud of the successes of our students with a graduation rate of 93% which is above the national average.
Leeds City Schools Highlights
- Pre-Kindergarten Program (5 OSR: 1 IDEA)
- Alabama Math, Science, Technology Initiative at LPS/LES/LMS
- The LEADER IN ME Initiative (LPS/LES)
- Monster Mash Dash 5k Run to benefit LPS/LES
- 62 Advanced Placement Qualifying Scores (LHS)
- Alabama Craft Training Facility for Career and Technical Education
- Microsoft IT Academy (High School)
- AVID (LHS)
- A+ College Ready Program (Pre-AP/AP: LMS/LHS)
- Dual enrollment through Jefferson State Community College
- Credit Recovery