How can I become a police officer for the City of Leeds?
All employment opportunities are handled through the Jefferson County Personnel Board.
- A qualifying person registers with the Personnel Board. Click here to begin the registration process.
- Come to Leeds Police Department to obtain an application.
- The person is tested and ranked according to their score.
- Leeds will request a list of applicants, from the Personnel Board, when an opening develops.
- Leeds will Pre-test all applicants for possible Academy attendance.
- Upon successful completion of the Pre-test, and after an interview, polygraph exam, medical exam and a psychological exam the candidate we believe would be best for the Citizens of Leeds would be given the opportunity to attend the Alabama Police Academy.