The goal of the Clerk is to efficiently hold City Elections, provide assistance in obtaining Business Licenses, Search for Licensed Business, perform record keeping functions related to City Council meetings, maintain copies of Municipal Resolutions and Ordinances passed by the Leeds City Council, and provide services to the citizens of Leeds, elected officials, and other City Departments in a professional and timely manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES & FUNCTIONS
• Process, collect and enforce Annual Privilege Licenses Ordinances which includes regular business licenses, beverage licenses, taxi cab licenses, bingo license (does not include contractor licenses processed by the Development Services Department)
• We also perform record keeping functions related to the City Council meetings, which includes maintaining minutes, resolutions, ordinances, contracts, deeds adopted and approved by the City Council
• Hold and conduct municipal election
• Receive and deposit revenue collected by city departments
• Maintain City General Fixed Assets Records
• Receive and pay all obligations for the City of Leeds
RESOLUTIONS & ORDINANCES
The Clerk's Office will be happy to provide copies of Resolutions and Ordinances passed by the Leeds City Council for a fee of 25 cents per page. Please contact Danielle Filmore (205) 699-0935 or Marquetta Willis (205) 699-0904 for more information.
Clerk Treasurer Office: City Hall - 1400 9th St, Leeds, AL. 35094
Toushi Arbitelle, City Clerk: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday – Thursday: 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Friday 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.